Even From Far Away, Home Stays Close
Being far (10,000km) from home feels strange sometimes.
The scenery changes.
The weather changes.
The language around me changes.
But somehow,
my mind still drifts back home.
I wonder what the kids are doing.
Whether they woke up on time.
What they ate.
Whether the house feels quieter without us.
Time zones (-6hrs) make things feel even stranger.
While I’m ending the day here,
they’re just beginning theirs.
And suddenly, a simple message feels important.
A photo.
A message.
A short video call.
“Papa, what are you doing now?”
It’s funny how something so small
can make distance feel smaller.
Travelling reminds me that home is not really a place.
It’s the people.
The people you think about
even when you’re looking at something beautiful far away.
And no matter how far I travel,
part of me is always connected back home.
Okay papa.
Comments
Post a Comment