The Quiet Weight of Being Needed

Being needed carries a quiet weight.

Not the kind you see.
The kind you feel.

It means staying alert, even when you’re tired.
Because someone depends on you.

At work, people look to you for direction.
At home, they look to you for comfort and assurance.
Sometimes for answers you’re still figuring out yourself.

There are moments I wish for a little quiet.
Not to run away.
Just to breathe, reset and restart.

But I’ve learned something along the way.

Being needed also means being trusted.
Being needed also means i am important.
Being needed also means i am respected.
It means someone believes you’ll show up.

That you’ll do your best.
That you’ll stay.

No one really announces this.
It just becomes part of who you are.

And maybe one day, when life is quieter,
I’ll look back and miss this season.

For now, I’ll carry it with gratitude, kindness, calmness and thankfulness.

Okay papa.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Days, Okay Is the Best I Can Do

Funny Things My Kids Say