Funny Things My Kids Say
Kids say the funniest things when they are not even trying.
Sometimes it’s a random question in the car.
Sometimes it’s something they say so confidently
that makes me pause and laugh.
“Daddy, why your hair got less?”
“Daddy, who is your favourite child?”
“Daddy, who will you save if didi and I both drop into the sea?”
“Daddy, you have such a good voice when you sing like Lewis Capaldi.”
“Daddy, you are the best dad. So happy you are my dad.”
“Daddy, you are the smartest.”
“Daddy, you are the best driver.”
“Daddy, you are my role model.”
One day, one of them asked me,
“Papa, when you were young, did you study hard to be where you are today?”
I laughed harder than I should have.
Another time, they looked at me after work and said,
“Why do adults always look tired? I thought you only attend meetings only.”
Honestly, that one was less funny and more accurate.
There are also the little everyday lines
that somehow become part of family language.
“Hurry up please.”
“That’s not fair.”
“Papa, can you help me?”
“Daddy, but Mama said can.”
“Hi guys.”
“Kar kaka.”
“Cluck, kam bei.”
“BMON — believe me or not.”
These little sentences become the soundtrack of the house.
They make ordinary days lighter.
I know one day these funny questions
will slowly disappear as they grow older.
So now, I try not to rush past them.
Because laughter in the middle of routine
is also part of what makes a home feel alive.
Okay papa.
Comments
Post a Comment