The Dad Taxi Chronicles
There was a time when driving meant freedom.
Late-night supper runs.
Spontaneous plans.
Music turned up.
No fixed destination.
Now driving feels very different.
Now it’s school runs.
Enrichment classes.
Tuition.
Last-minute errands.
Some days, I feel like a full-time taxi driver
with two very demanding VIP passengers.
“Daddy, where are we eating today!”
“Daddy, I am hungry?”
And of course, the classic:
“Daddy, I forgot my berries bag.”
So we turn back.
Again.
The funny thing is,
I never really complain.
Because inside the car,
life happens.
This is where I hear their random stories.
Their school gossip.
Their funny questions.
Their sudden deep thoughts.
Their quiet moments.
Sometimes the best conversations
happen between traffic lights.
One day, they’ll probably travel on their own.
No more school drop-offs.
No more waiting outside tuition.
No more “Daddy, pick me up.”
And strangely,
I think I might miss these drives the most.
For now, I’ll keep the engine running.
Okay papa.
Comments
Post a Comment