The Quiet Fears I Don’t Talk About

There are fears I don’t talk about.

Not dramatic ones.

Just the quiet, constant kind.

I worry about providing enough.
About making the right decisions.
About whether I’m guiding my kids the right way.

I think about health more than I used to.
About time.
About how quickly everything changes.

Sometimes I wonder if I’m doing this right.

If I’m too strict or too lenient.
Too soft.
Too cautious.
Not bold enough.

These fears don’t show on the outside.

On the outside, I go to work.
I drive.
I laugh.
I say “okay.”

But inside, I’m calculating.
Planning.
Preparing.
Hoping.

I don’t need these fears to disappear.

Maybe they are part of caring.

Maybe fear is just responsibility wearing a different face.

So I carry it quietly.

And I keep showing up.

Okaypapa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Days, Okay Is the Best I Can Do

The Quiet Weight of Being Needed

Funny Things My Kids Say