I Notice Age in Small Ways

I notice age in small ways.

Not all at once.
Just little things.

Getting tired a bit earlier than before.
Needing more rest after a long day.
Choosing to stay in instead of going out.

I don’t think about it much.
Until I do.

I see my kids growing faster than I expect.
Their words changing.
Their thinking becoming sharper and sensible.

At the same time,
I notice myself slowing down in certain ways.

Not weaker.
Just more aware.

More careful with time.
More selective with energy.
More focused on what really matters.

Things that used to feel urgent
don’t feel as important anymore.

And things I once overlooked
now feel significant.

A quiet evening.
A simple meal together.
A normal day with no problems.

Maybe this is what growing older really is.

Not losing something.
But seeing things more clearly.

So I don’t fight it.

I just notice.

Okay papa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Days, Okay Is the Best I Can Do

The Quiet Weight of Being Needed

Funny Things My Kids Say