What I Say ‘Okay’ To Every Day.
I say okay to waking up earlier than I want.
Okay to mornings that start before I’m ready.
Okay to routines that repeat themselves daily.
I say okay to work.
I say okay to responsibility.
I say okay to doing what needs to be done.
I say okay to sending my kids to school.
I say okay to do homework with my kids after dinner.
I say okay to enrichment classes and waiting time on weekends.
I say okay to cooking, cleaning, and chores that never really end.
I say okay to less time for myself.
I say okay for my partner to have her quiet time
To quieter dreams.
To choosing stable and peace over bold.
But I also say okay to laughter in between.
To small conversations with my children and wife.
To moments that don’t look important, but are.
To moments i know i will cherish when i look back.
And every time I say okay,
what I really mean is:
I’m here.
I choose this.
I’ll do my best.
I'll do my part.
Okay papa.
Comments
Post a Comment