Things That Keep a Family Steady
I used to think stability came from big decisions.
Career progression.
Investments.
Major milestones.
But over time, I’ve realised something else.
A family is not held together by big moments.
It’s held together by small, repeated ones.
Waking up on time.
Showing up to work.
Sending and fetching the kids to and back from school.
Having dinner together, even if it’s simple.
Paying bills on time.
No need to worry over shelter.
Fixing things before they break.
Having difficult conversations calmly and peacefully.
No one celebrates these things.
They don’t look impressive.
They don’t get posted.
But they are what keep everything steady.
Stability isn’t exciting.
It’s consistency.
It’s reliability.
It’s doing the same right thing again and again.
Sometimes I wonder if I should be chasing more.
But when I look at my family,
healthy, growing, secure —
I realise steady is not small.
Steady is strong.
There's a saying "Slow and steady win the race!"
Okay papa.
Comments
Post a Comment